The holiday season is speedily approaching. It’s almost time to look up new and exciting Christmas desserts and to go Christmas gift shopping. You could even give DIY Christmas gifts a bash this year? We would like to give you some tips on gifts for couples to get each other.
A gift can help you show your partner how special they are to you, especially if their love language is gifts! Demonstrate your affection with a gift that shows that you know what makes them tick.
When deciding on the gift, it’s important to consider what type of gift would be meaningful to your partner: for example, does he or she enjoy traveling, or is there a sport or hobby that they invest a lot of their time in. Are they more sentimental, and so would prefer a gift that they can hold onto as a fond memory, or do they enjoy more temporary gifts, like beautiful flowers or tasty treats? Another thing to consider is the packaging. A gift is a whole experience: the wrapping paper, gift card and accessories, and obviously the gift itself. Do they appreciate the finer details and effort involved in pretty wrapping paper and a handmade card, or are they happy with a cardboard box or recycled wrapping paper from last Christmas?
Gifts for couples to gift each other with:
Something a little bit different
· A surprise weekend away: Why not add an element of surprise. Choose a destination, pack your partner’s luggage, and head on your way.
· A series of lessons for your partner’s hobby.
· A journal: What I love about you journal. It’s not as cheesy as you may think
· Photo frame/ album with meaningful photos
· A wood calendar with photos of you together
Gifts that are here today and gone tomorrow
· A signature bottle of wine, or a good whiskey
· Delicious handcrafted chocolates
· A flower subscription from enjoy flowers
Personalized holiday gifts
Customized personalization—names, monograms, and pictures—add an extra zing to a classic gift:
· Simply TLC: Plush personalized bathrobes
· The coordinates of where you first met, engraved on a dainty bar necklace
Why not impress your partner with one of these fabulous DIY Christmas gifts?
Some of the best gifts are homemade ones, something that you cannot buy. Create a gift with your partners favorite colors, or memories of your favorite vacation together.
· A date jar: A jar full of his and her future date inspiration.
· A travel picture frame with a photograph of one of your trips together.
Be inspired by these ideas on gifts for couples to give each other. Make this Christmas a special one for your loved one.