Home is not a place, it’s a feeling. That’s why we fill our home with family, friends, and flowers—of course. And no, we’re not just talking about monthly deliveries of farm-fresh blooms, we also infuse flowers into our everyday lifestyle, home decor, and upkeep. Follow along for 4 ways to make your home feel less like just four walls and more like a serene garden escape.
Beauty From the Outside, In
A Beginner’s Wreath
Put the perfect final touch on your home decor with a handmade wreath of fresh or dried flowers. Your monthly bouquet of fresh flowers lasts up to two weeks. Once your flowers are ready to be changed, don’t throw them away! You can use them to create a standout wreath. The flowers in our monthly bouquets are chosen to amplify the look and feel of the season, so using your extra stems will keep you always on-trend.
What You’ll Need:
What To Do:
- Take the wire and shape it into a circle the size of the wreath you want to end up with.
- Cut the wire and wrap it with ribbon to cover the metal.
- Hot glue the beginning and the end of the ribbon so that it does not unravel.
- Select the flowers you want to use to decorate the wreath and begin to arrange them. (You can cover the whole wreath or just part of it. Googling designs online is a great way to find inspiration.)
- Secure the flowers with zip ties.
Note: You can use either fresh or dried flowers. Note that a dried-flower wreath will last longer.
Flower Cleaning Products
Natural Floral Surface Cleaner
A clean home is a happy home. Breathe easy knowing exactly what is in the products you use to clean your home. Below you will find our method for creating a natural surface cleaner to get your counters spotless and your most cherished spaces smelling scrumptious.
What You’ll Need:
What To Do:
- Combine half a cup of water with half a cup of white vinegar.
- Add the mixture to a spray bottle and shake well.
- Add essential oil (scent of your choice) and fresh lemon juice. Add to your preferred strength.
- Shake well.
- Add flowers to the bottle and let soak.
And you’ve just made cleaning fun—or a little bit more fun than usual!
Note: This cleaner isn’t suitable for certain materials (like tile, wood, and grout).
More Floral Decor, Por Favor
Elevate Your Flower Vases
Instead of going out and buying a new vase, spice up old glass bottles and containers because recycling is cool. 👍 With a little creativity, you’ll be surprised by what a quick stop at the craft store can produce.
Start by first collecting old glass coke bottles, sauce jars, wine bottles, or any other glass containers that have the proper width and height for your desired bouquets. Then try any of the following ideas to upcycle your way to chic flowers in an even chicer container.
- Add some flair with wallpaper. Simply cut out wallpaper the size of the outside of your glass container, and paste it onto the glass. You can either cover the whole vase or just part of it.
- Pro Tip: Get the hip (and pricey) marble look for less with wallpaper in the marble shade you prefer.
- Paint the outside of your glass bottle. You can choose one solid color or challenge yourself with a leaf design or polka dots.
- Pro Tip: Get the family involved. This makes for a perfect weekend activity to get the creative juices flowing as a family.
- Spray paint a golden or silver bottom to the vase to give a modern gilded look.
- Pro Tip: Place painter’s tape over the top three-quarters of the vase, then spray paint the exposed glass, and remove the tape to reveal a precise line.
- For those who would describe themselves as “extra,” this one is for you. Bejewel your upcycled bottles with rhinestones from the craft store and a trusty glue gun.
- Pro Tip: Place your bedazzled bottle inside a larger clear glass bottle to add more dimension.
Vases and Vases of the Hottest Home Decor Trend
Monthly Deliveries of Fresh Home Decor
In the words of Vogue Magazine, “Monochrome Isn’t Going Anywhere.”
And we’re happy about it! Monochrome fashion, home decor, and bouquets are the “it trend” for 2022. Get into it with monthly deliveries from our Monochromatic Collection that feature a new single-palette design every month. Because the designs and color are so cohesive, these bouquets help elevate any decor aesthetic, from Farm House to Scandanavian.
Take our Monochrome Purple design. All of the varieties of roses, garden roses, scabious, hydrangea, and more are all within the purple, lavender, and cream palette. Trying something new has never been more chic. All you have to do is unbox, trim, and display.
Turn the Key to Peace and Tranquility
Whether you’re working from home or are back in the office, your spaces should be welcoming and a respite from the hustle-bustle of the outside world. We hope you enjoy these easy yet effective ways to make your home your safe (and sweet-smelling) space. Tag us in your projects on Instagram and TikTok!