You know that flowers are always a good idea… But did you also know that every flower is unique? This means there is a perfect flower for every occasion, even while we continue to shelter in place! Our family has been working with flowers for more than fifty years and each flower tells a story. We are so happy to be sharing them so they can become a part of yours. Let us help you find the perfect flower for every occasion, wherever you are.
Flowers are a celebration of life. With the uncertain times we live in, there’s nothing more uplifting than celebrating new life. The story you want your flowers to tell are of love, luck, new beginnings and rebirth… Remember, the birth of a baby is also the rebirth of a woman as a mother. Any one of the following is the perfect flower to give a new mother… Or, even better of course, put them together in a celebratory bouquet.
- White carnations symbolise pure love and luck, which is something all new parents need.
- Daisies represent purity, innocence and new beginnings… They also evoke feelings of happiness, joy and prosperity.
- The beautiful yellow daffodil is known to mean new beginnings and rebirth.
As an alternative, or an addition, to the above, you could also choose to gift them with the flower that represents the birth month of their baby.
Did you know there is a flower, sometimes more than one, associated with the month of your birth? Celebrating while social distancing might be a strange feeling, but the right blooms can brighten up any birthday.
- January Flower – carnation, snowdrop
- February Flower – violet, primrose
- March Flower – daffodil
- April Flower – daisy, sweet pea
- May Flower – lily of the valley, hawthorn
- June Flower – rose, honeysuckle
- July Flower – larkspur, water lily
- August Flower – gladiolus, poppy
- September Flower – aster, morning glory
- October Flower – marigold. cosmos
- November Flower – chrysanthemum
- December Flower – poinsettia, narcissus (paperwhite), holly
Roses are the standard when it comes to love or celebrating romance. Especially while we’re celebrating a special someone from far away, nothing says, “I love you” like a bouquet of roses. However, there are a ton of different blooms that celebrate love.
For instance, the Matsumoto Aster in red means “undying devotion” and is a “talisman of love and a symbol of patience”. What wonderful messages to share with the one you love! Or how about Hydrangeas? The pink hydrangea has ties to romance, heartfelt emotions, love, weddings and marriage. Where the purple hydrangea is a symbol of desire for deeper understanding, which is something every couple could use.
Beyond the symbolism, there is also a perfect flower for each anniversary year…
- 1 year – Carnations for lasting vows, also commitment and joy for the future.
- 2 year – The lily of the valley shows the purity of your relationship, modesty and devotion.
- 3 year – Sunflowers have ties to loyalty and fidelity.
- 4 year – Hydrangeas, which we spoke of above.
- 5 year – Daisies. Because daisies are composed of two flowers that blend together so well, they embody true love.
- 6 year– Calla lilies speak of the beauty of a couple’s love.
- 7 year– Freesias stand for trust and faithfulness.
- 8 year – Lilacs symbolically remind people of the first blush of love.
- 9 year – Bird of paradise flowers are beautiful and dramatic. They are also a sign of faithfulness, love, and thoughtfulness.
- 10 year – A simple yellow daffodil has 6 petals. According to numerology, Venus is the governess of the number 6… So the number conveys a sense of love, brought to life in the flower.
- 11 year – Red tulips bring their message of passion and perfect love.
- 12 year – The red peony shows honor and fortune, while pink peonies are the flower of romance.
- 13 year – Chrysanthemums represent lasting friendship, support, family, loyalty and devotion.
- 14 year – Orchids have many meanings, with every colour offering a message worth remembering in marriage… Passion, desire, strength, grace, happiness, reverence, humility, admiration, and respect.
- 15 year – And finally, at 15 years, the rose. The flower most associated with love all over the world.
The perfect flowers for the Women in Your Life
I think we can all agree that women are magical. Especially when it comes to the bond between them! We are missing our friends and family more than ever and flowers are the perfect way to send them your love and support. Whether it’s your mother, a girlfriend, coworker, or a new mom, flowers say it all. Here are a few ideas on what to spend the women in your life.
- Give pink carnations to show the love of a woman or a mother.
- Orange lilies will share feelings of respect and honor.
- Pink calla lilies speak of elegance, appreciation and admiration.
- Alstroemerias are the flower of friendship.
- The gorgeous uniqueness of the blue tulip brings trust and loyalty to the phrase “true blue”.
There is a perfect flower for every occasion and for every person in your world. A beautiful bouquet will always bring joy into a room, but it can do so much more… Choosing the right type of flower as a gift can bring deep meaning and feeling, showing how much you care.
What is your favorite occasion to spoil someone with flowers?