The modern urban décor style is different from the industrial style that ‘urban décor’ used to be associated with. An urban home has a softer and more comfortable look, and should represent a safe haven from the busy city. This look is homely, welcoming, and nurturing.
This style has become popular because these days we are aware of the importance of storytelling, and we can learn much more about a person who decorates their home to suit their personality, than one who gets interior decorators in to style their home according to something out of a catalogue—with no personal touches.
Reinventing your living space doesn’t have to cost you the earth; you just have to know where to find amazing deals. Browse budget-friendly stores as well as more high-end stores—which may have discounted items.
Items which should be a priority when shopping for urban home décor:
- trendy indoor plants
- bouquets of flowers
- scatter cushions
- bookshelves with an assortment of books
- unique ornaments
Colors and textures which are trending in urban home décor:
- Shades of sand, ochre, burnt gold, terracotta, and living coral—earthier tones are in
- Eco-friendly dyes and paints
- Natural weaves and organic fabrics
Where to find low cost urban home décor online
Shopping online—on well-known sites like Amazon—for low cost home décor can prove to be very fruitful. Here are some other websites where you will be able to score great home décor deals for your urban home. You’ll find good value and good quality on-trend home décor.
- H&M (hm.com) if you want lovely linens and you’re looking for a cushion or a carpet with personality.
- Joss & Main (jossandmain.com) for curated selections like Cottage Living or Modern Farmhouse.
- Uncommon goods (uncommongoods.com) if you want more unusual home décor.
- Urban outfitters (urbanoutfitters.com) for on-trend bohemian colors, patterns and textures that are affordable.
- Walmart (Walmart.com) for epically low prices and stylish new home lines.
- Wayfair (wayfair.com) for rugs, art, planters etc., which are often on sale.
- World market (worldmarket.com) if you’re looking for affordable and unique finds from around the world.
People are often revamping their homes and throwing out unwanted furniture. Because of this you can find real treasures a car boot sales or secondhand markets.
You may even pick up a funky cushion or cozy carpet at one of these events. The urban home look is all about individual style—a homemaker’s unique taste. Shopping at big outlets can often lead to the purchase of generic items that could be found in anybody’s home. By repurposing somebody else’s unwanted belongings, you will be cutting down on wasteful living and you’ll be adding a novel touch to your home.