Homemade gifts are so much more personal than bought gifts. For starters these DIY gift ideas are original and quick to make. Another great thing about them is that they could be gifted at any occasion: Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary, Mother’s Day, etc… Are you looking for gifts for couples to give each other as an anniversary gift? Or, do you need to find inspiration for Christmas gifts for dad? Whatever you are looking for, be inspired by these creative gift ideas.
A bubble bath gift box: one of the most special homemade gifts
Help your mom unwind on Mother’s Day or spoil a good friend with bubbles. This cute gift box is easy to make and will provide a personal pampering session for someone you care about. It’s thoughtful and under $30.
- A cheap box from a local craft store.
- A bottle of Rosé or sparkling wine of your choice.
- A fragrant candle.
- A cute box of matches—from a hotel or restaurant.
- Bath salts in a glass bottle.
- Crinkle cut craft paper or tissue paper to fill the bottom of the box with. Add a few sprigs of rosemary, eucalyptus, or holly berries, depending on the occasion.
A pom pom trimmed fleece blanket: one of the cutest homemade gifts
These cozy blankets are easy, cute and fast—30 minutes fast! Cuddle up this winter with the one you love, with his and her DIY fleecy blankets.
For a standard throw you’ll need:
- 1.5 yards of Deluxe fleece (2 yards for someone a little taller).
- Trim: pom poms. If you want to do all four sides of the blanket, get 7 yards of trim for a 1.5-yard blanket. For a 2-yard blanket, get 7.5 yards of trim.
- A sewing machine
- Matching thread
Line up the pom trim under the edge of the blanket and sew it to the blanket with a large zigzag stitch. Sew all the way around. Overlap the trim and fold it under when you get to the beginning.
This is one of the most beautiful homemade gifts ideas.
Homemade heating pad
This is a perfect gift for the winter season. Help a friend to relax with a therapeutic heating pad.
- Half a yard of pre-washed soft cotton flannel fabric
- A sewing machine
- Essential oils (this is optional, nut lavender works a treat!)
For an extra touch, you can wrap a satin ribbon around it and attach a sprig of some herb, like lavender for example.
Handcrafted sugar cookie sack
You only need to be able to sew a few straight lines and feel confident with an iron.
- Tightly woven, durable cotton fabric like ticking.
- Sewing machine
- An iron
- Cookie mix—either your own secret recipe, or a premix from the grocery store—in an airtight plastic bag.
- A recipe to slip in the back of the sack with the instructions and additional ingredients needed.
- Embellishments: Jute, a cinnamon stick, a small wooden spoon or a candy cane, and ornamental holly.
DIY Grilling essentials
For a man who has most things you could put together this fun DIY gift set.
You’ll need these grilling essentials:
- A cutting board
- A bottle filled with homemade ketchup
- Dry rub
- A basting brush
- Jute to tie the skewers together
- Handmade labels for the ketchup and dry rub.
Have a look here to see how to assemble this man gift.
As far as Christmas card ideas, handcrafted gift-tags work really well for homemade gifts.
25 Amazing DIY Gifts People Will Actually Love. Retrieved from: https://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/25-amazing-diy-gifts-people-will-actually-want.html